Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Yes, it's Uncle Al, the kiddie's pal.

Buying a can of hard lemonade the other night at a convenience store.

Behind me in line, properly socially distanced was a group of three teenaged girls and a boy. 

I got to the register and had to dig out my ID even though I am an old man. I turned to the teenagers behind me and in my best Uncle Al, the kiddie's pal voice said, "I'm Uncle Al, the kiddie's pal and I've got my ID out! Who needs beer and cigarettes?"

Those kids are not stupid. They're quick on the uptake. They raised their hands and replied in a laughing voice, "I do! I do!"

The clerk at the register started laughing. He knew sarcasm when he sees it. More important, so did the kids.

The stuffy looking woman behind the teenagers took the bait and went off like a skyrocket.

Much to the teens credit, they looked at her, pointed at her and laughed. Of course the indignant woman carried on that buying for kids is against the law. 

So I looked at her and said, "Hey, Lady! You gonna tell my parole officer and put me back in the joint? That's not fair, Lady! I just got out of the joint!"

The clerk and the teenagers really started laughing and the woman looked at me like I was the Ghost of Charles Manson and left.

I have said this before. I used to think God hated me because he gave me too many stupid people to deal with. I was wrong. God loves me because he sends me so much entertainment.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment