Saturday, January 15, 2022

I admit I am a part of cast iron culture

The bulk of my cooking is done on cast iron and I don't even know if I have a teflon pan tucked away somewhere.

Mostly I use a 10 inch Griswold my wife picked up in college at a garage sale or somewhere. It sure works for me. For baking I have an 8 inch Lodge. It's the perfect size for a package of Jiffy cornbread and does a wonderful job. 

I would imagine if you are a regular reader you don't have to hear me talk about the joys of cast iron cooking. You may be a cast iron person but if you're not you're probably well aware of the cult following cast iron has.

If you are not a cast iron user you should look into it.

Protip: Season cast iron with flaxseed oil. It has a higher smoke point than most other oils. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment