Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Someone I ran into at work told me

that at his bank there's a limit to how much cash he can get his hands on without prior notice. I've heard that happens a lot these days.

He said he wanted to buy a brand new to him used pickup he found a deal on. The seller wanted cash.

This is kind of news to me that banks do this these days because about twelve years ago I just wandered in and withdrew about $7500 with no problem when I bought my pickup. I also cashed a check for he remainder.

Today I would not pay cash for such an expensive item because of those damned unconstitutional cash impound laws but I digress. Still, paying cash for big ticket items like that is fun because the sales mangler gets nervous as hell.

He made the arrangements and fortunately enough for him the seller was willing to wait a couple of days after he gave him a deposit to hold the vehicle.

He asked me what I would have done and I said to him, "Seeing how it's your money and you want it now, You shoulda called J.G. Wentworth." He was not impressed.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. About the time his shoes wore out he bought a pickup so he doesn't have to walk home anymore. Fair enough.

Still, it's a little disconcerting to hear you can't just go to the bank and get all your money out in cash on demand.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment