Monday, January 10, 2022

One time when I was flying




 I wanted a damned drink as I was going to crash out the second I got home anyway. It was no big deal.

I explained to the nice lady that I was a nervous flyer and when I was an infant my mother would give me a little bourbon to settle my stomach.

She looked at me in a motherly way even though I was three or more decades older than her and asked, "Your mother gave you a couple of spoonfuls?"

"About a half pint," I replied, seriously. "My mother's Irish."

Her jaw dropped.

We hadn't taken off yet and she explained it was against the rules until we were flying. I thanked her.

The INSTANT we were wheels up she was on her feet like a cat and went straight to my seat and handed me a small bag containing 3 little bottles of Jim Beam and said it was on the airline. 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment