Saturday, December 17, 2022

A few years back I spoke with an interesting black woman from Philly

that saw my silver Tacoma in the Walmart parking lot.

Interesting woman. 

She saw my Camp Perry stickers (Compliments of Springfield Armory) and was delightfully forward enough to ask me about them.

She was interested. She appeared to be an older woman looking for the truth so I explained that I was a competitive shooter and those were stickers from the National Matches which I competed in.

She asked me if I had ever seen anyone injured at a match and I told her the only thing I had ever seen as far as injury went was a new guy at a local match got a case of M-1 thumb. I explained how he got his thumb smacked in the action of a Garand.

"But nobody ever gets shot or anything?" she asked.

"Nope."

"I thought so," she replied. "Sounds to me like what we see on TV or read in the papers is baloney."

"It is," I answered. "There are three very important rules we all follow. Safety, safety and safety. Failure to folllow then gets you booted out no matter who you are."

"Thank you for your time," she said and left.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment