Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Hanging a front door today


and it will likely be a pain in the ass because these days manufacturing kinda sucks. The door is a direct replacement and should just slip right in but that remains to be seen. When I replaced the original wood door years ago it was a pain in the neck because the original door was the original door and made in the 40s. I'm not even sure that it was a pre-hung as it appeared to have had the striker plate inletted by hand.

It also looked like the jamb was made in a local shop somewhere.

Now the one I have is a direct replacement to the one I replaced the original with.

We shall see what we shall see.

I'm optimistic but very wary.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment