Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Could I ask you a question, Sir?

said someone selling furnaces or something or another at Homeless Depot about three weeks ago.

"You already did," I replied and walked off.

88888888888888888888888888888

Today I walked past the same guy. 

"Sir, could I ask you wo questions? I know I have already asked you one," he said.

THAT got my attention. He remembered me and he knows how to think.

"Shoot. One question." I answered.

"What kind of furnace do you have?"

"Right now an open fire. I live in a field in a tent where I am building a sailboat to sail the Seven Seas," I replied.

He was a sharp cookie.

"What are you going to heat your sailboat with?" he asked.

I instaatly liked the guy. There was something about him. He reminded me of the two shoe salesmen that got sent to Africa.

The first one called headquarters and said "Nobody wears shoes here. Send me home."

The second one that replaced him said, "Send me all the shoes you got! Nobody here has any!"

I really wanted to buy something from the guy! Something. ANYTHING.

"You got a dollar bill on you?" I asked, reaching into my pocket to see if I had any change. I had six cents and some bills in my wallet.

"Yeah. Why"

"I'll give you a dollar and six cents for it. I want to help you be successful."

"Mister, that's a done deal!"

So money changed hands and we both felt better. He made a profit and I got something to post about here. Win/win.

You bums that read this are costing me money.

You're worth it, though.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment