Tuesday, December 6, 2022

I'll drink (insert whatever here) in a pinch.


There I was, a shot down waist gunner over St Nazaire after we hit the sub pens there. We took a hit on the starboard outboard engine and the ensuing fire made us hit the silk.

We bailed at 27,000 feet and I held off on pulling the ripcord until I was about 10,000 and tried to steer as best I could.

I went through a greenhouse and got cut up pretty bad and the farmer came to my aid. He handed me a bottle of cognac but I was a bourbon drinker but I was in a real pinch so I had a snort.

Yeah, I'll drink cognac in a pinch.

8888888888888888888888888

I was in a real bind with the police chasing me for a murder I didn't commit and I ducked into a bar and hid in plain sight by sitting at the bar and pretending to be a patron. 

When the bartender asked me what I wanted I ordered a draft Bud but he only had it in bottles so I opted for a Pabst draft because I was in a real pinch and had to have something in front of me. I was in a pinch and had to do something. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you don't like something then don't drink it. 'In a pinch' in the common context is a crock unless you are in some kind of aforementioned bind. What kind of derelict are you, anyway?



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment