Friday, December 16, 2022

I'm tired. Sick and tired of simple things turning into Alice's Restaurant massacres.

The fire burned up the Verizon unit in my garage so I put the account on hold. Now that the basics are up and running it's time to get the internet service up and running and it is fast becoming an exercise in frustration. I want to just plain close the account and make Dunkin' Donuts, McDonalds, or even tether off of a cell phone.

Or even do without. I DON'T CARE!

I am sick and tired of all the bullshit, fancy introductory offers, balloon payments, bait and switch, hidden print and so on and so forth. I am, to put a clear concise point on it, am too old for that $hit.

I want to be able to call someone and get a specific good or service for a specific price and that's it. Make it simple.

As far as internet service goes, I have posted from all sorts of places under different and difficult conditions. Back when I was running surplus GoBooks I once posted in the rain using a tethered cell phone and I have posted from various other sources like just about any place that advertised free WiFi.

In fact I am seriously considering simply closing my accounts with the ENTIRE internet and just doing things the old fashioned way.

At this late date the idea os selling everything and moving onto a 30 foot sailboat in a funky little marina someplace warm sounds more and more tempting by the minute.

Just work on the boat, go to the marina office and pay my rent and simply be a pain in the ass all day. Hell, that would be so refreshing I would not even want to drink! Have one simple bank account to receive my Social Security check and deal with everyone else in cash. Just drop the f*** out. 

Seeing how the phone always seem to ring when I am either taking a dump or have my hands full, I could ditch that, too. After all, 89.87% of all incoming phone calls are bull$hit, people wanting something from you or other annoyances. If it wasn't for a small handful of good people I would have thrown my phone away years ago.

Then again, it has provided me with entertainment with telemarketers. There was nothing that pleased me more than having a woman in Target tell me I was doing God's work when she overheard me telling a telemaketer that his life must suck because "he couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with a handful of Franklins, yet at the ripe old age of 70 I was getting more ass than a toilet seat in the broad's can next to the beer stand at Yankee stadium!"

Of course that was simply a case of being handed lemons and making lemonade with them. I really would have better off if I hadn't been handed lemons in the first place.

Maybe write that damned book about my memoirs and my constant battle with the ever growing stupidity and then cast my fate to the whims of the public by seeing if it sells. I could even throw my driver's license away and let underage kids buy my beer for me with their fake IDs.

Nope. Can't happen because of taxes. On the other hand maybe I can simply hire someone to take care of that headache. If I use the marina as a point of contact I could simply have my tax guy let me know when I have to meet up with him to sign stuff.

Yeah. Kitty and I living on a boat. That gets more and more tempting by the second.

**************************************

Update.

In spite of me telling her just to cancel the entire damned account, my wife took over and persevered. They are allegedly coming to rehook up the internet. I'm still pissed off, though because I wanted that damned account CLOSED just to be spiteful. I was willing to switch to Comcast again even though it would likely mean another Alice's Restaurant Massacre. I was even willing to keep tethering off of a crummy cell phone.

Several years ago at Comcast (they had a store) I had to deal with a salesperson that kept trying to upgrade me. Finally I decided enough was enough. I simply let him pile the whole kit and kaboodle onto the order until I had a a nice $675/month plan on the order form. 

When he asked me to sign I simply told him to set up what I originally wanted and he got really annoyed and asked me what was wrong. I told him that UPMC has an excellent EENT facility and when he asked what that had to do with it I told him to get his f***in' ears fixed. He stormed off.

Then I asked for the other guy, who was actually a trainee and told him what I wanted and was in and out in a couple of minutes. The trainee was sharp. He flat out told me he'd write out simple orders all day if that's what the customer wanted. He told me that while his teachers were trying to teach him the fine art of the upsell, he knew when a guy just wanted a simple plan. He didn't get quite as big of a commission but if he could get two or three simple orders in the time it took to upsell someone he's come out ahead.

Smart cookie. Either he got canned (and found a better job) or is now running the store. My uneducated guess is he quit them and found a better job.

Oh, yeah. He had overheard me tell off the other guy. The trainee told me that he didn't need the EENT facility because HIS ears WORKED!

To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment