Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Breakfast is going to be leftover ribs and a coupla over easys.

Twenty three hours in the slow cooker turned country style pork ribs practically to mush and made for excellent eating.

I generally do ribs or venison/bison/slow cooked chili for one of the youngsters that has been a friend of mine for several years. He lives with a mother and two sisters and once in a while he looks forward to 'man grub' which is natural.

He's somewhat of a scientific nerdy sort that is studying at a college that produces aerospace engineers and is rather clever. 

Smart kid. He took a course that he felt was going to be a sonofabitch and decided the best way of learning the materiel was to teach it! So that's what he did. He got a small group of guys together and taught them the class they were learning. Truth is, they were his classmates in the class.

He reminded me of Chesty Puller talking with an old 30 year sergeant that had just led his platoon on some kind of a King Hell road march. Chesty asked the old Jarhead how he had managed to do it.

"I had 32 guys pushing me along!" he replied. "I couldn't let them down."

He's an interesting young man. I have a lot of respect for him.

We're 51 years apart and having him visit me is good for my soul.

Anyway, we actually had leftovers because I think I cooked the entire pig up and even though he is a growing boy and I am an Old School chow hound ther is somewhat of a limit as to how much meat two guys can eat at a sitting.

I'm looking forward to breakfast.

 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment