Thursday, October 26, 2023

An open letter to a framer that did a job for me.

You know who you are:

Good job!

Better yet, EXCELLENT job!

A couple of days after you reframed my garage door opening I went to trim it out with coil and a brake.

It became very obvious that you took your time to select the wood you used on it because it was STRAIGHT. Everything you did was straight and square. 

Sheet metal brakes don't lie. When they make a bend it's straight and when I installed the covering over the trimmers I didn't have to float any of it. There were no bows or cupping in the wood. The pieces I built fit flat and perfectly.

I also didn't have to fudge the corners, either. Same held true for the header. The aluminum piece I cut for that fit like it had been machined.

I don't think the term framer really fits you. Mechanic is a better choice of words. Framing mechanic.

Damn, you do good work!

Your assistant that assembled things was no slouch, either. The job you two did was clean.

I was kind of loath to cover up such clean work because clean work needs no trim. I covered it with coil to protect your work.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We return to your regularly scheduled blog.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment