Wednesday, October 4, 2023

I'm on another reading kick

I'm trying to find accounts of Japanese prisoners of war that were held in the Untied States.

I'm finishing up 'Taken Captive' by a Japanese soldier that was held in the Philippines for the last year of the war but I want to find accounts of people held stateside.

It should be noted that the Japanese prisoner that wrote 'Taken Captive' said that he lived better than either in the army or would have had he been in Japan during the war.

He mentioned his unit in the Philippines fed him a piece of pork weekly and he had meat at least daily while in captivity. 

I just want to read a couple accounts of stateside POWs.

There are enough German accounts and the cultural difference between Germans and Americans isn't very much, looking at the big picture. Even so the Germans were stunned with what they found in the States as far as wealth went. I can only imagine how the Japanese felt when they discovered what it was like in the States.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment