Wednesday, October 11, 2023

I worked an Iraqi station last night.

Which was an ATNO (All Time New One) for me.

Before bed I got a call from an old shipmate and mentioned it to him and he asked me if I would send for a QSL card if the station had been Iranian in light of current events.

The answer is yes.

Ham radio to me gets me away from the political and racial bull$hit in life and the person at the other end is not a friend nor an enemy but just another ham. 

Ham radio was shut down by the government during WW2 so this is moot but had I worked a German, Japanese or Italian station in, say, 1943 I likely would not have mailed them a QSL card but I certainly would have had one filled out, stamped and waiting to mailed the day after the surrender was signed.

Hell, I bet that Iraqi has any number of Israeli stations in his log and probably some other worldwide Jews in it also.

The rig is where I go to get away from much of life's grief and discontentment.

 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment