Friday, October 6, 2023

Basilone. Part 2

The garage door looks great.

Anyway, after his army hitch he tried a few things as a civvie and it seemed nothing fit. About a year before Pearl Harbor he joined the Marine Corps and took off like a shot. He dedicated himself to the Corps apparently and did well.

Funny in a way but I gathered he was one of those people that found himself a niche for himself in the Marines.

He was a man of his times. 

I'll finish the book and see if I've called this one based on what I have already read.

I'm not going to get into the details of his MOH stand at Guadalcanal as there have been countless volumes written on it.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment