Thursday, October 19, 2023

I finally got my garage door dialed in

after a day of screwing around with the directions proved to be a waste of time and effort. I wanted to get the camera set up when I discovered there was one. 

Set, reset, sunset, and so on and I guess somewhere along the line I did something because the directions assumed I would know my way around the app I downloaded on my phone.

So I dragged the laptop down into the basement and got in touch with the chat. The chat person was patient and worked with me and I did as told and at one point was told to remove the camera, unplug it, plug it back in again and reinstall it. I described the process and she said that the damned thing HAD to have a decorative ring. Mine didn't so I took a picture of it and sent it to her.

She gave me a number and told me to talk to so and so and I did.

The guy I spoke with sounded like he may have been from India but his accent wasn't too bad and from what I gathered after I gave him my serial number he went into the opener program and fixed whatever it was from his office. He only told me to do a couple of simple things and BINGO! I was in business.

Of course this means the garage door company can see what I'm up to at their leisure but that only goes so far.

It merely means that if I want to make moonshine, meth, or hack somebody up in the garage all I have to do is drag them into the back part behind the opener so I guess I only gave up a little bit of privacy.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

2 comments:

  1. My problem is less the camera, and more the fact that just about everything can be 'remotely accessed' these days. Don't think it would take a master hacker, either. Probably a half million high school kids in the PRC, have the skill set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I figured they were actually going to install a simpler garage door opener which was what I had bargained for. I'm seriously considering disabling the WiFi just for that reason. I have a history of liking things as simple as possible.

      Delete