Tuesday, October 17, 2023

One of the things that goes along with retirement is

simply throwing things away.

I still have more $hit than a Christmas turkey and it's annoying from time to time. Right about now if I had my druthers I'd either move into a small sailboat somewhere warm or even a small (but not tiny) home somewhere that's a bit warmer.

I just tossed a lot of old papers that I will never need. The headache around that is shredding them because they contain too much information. It's somewhat of a slow process. 

A lot of the paperwork about my career went away and when I looked at most of it I wonder why I even bothered keeping it. After I got my AB (Able Seaman) ticket I didn't need the study guides and things of that nature. I had the ticket. Same holds true for when I got my ticket stamped 'Any unlicensed deck rating including AB. 

It did make sense for me to keep my captain's license paperwork and study guides because I might have wanted them to upgrade various routes and tonnages. 

Then there's the X-ray that's over 20 years old that I can't for the life of me understand why I didn't $hit can it when it got to be five years old. Hell, after a few months if I needed one they simply would have taken another. Gone.

I still have files I will likely never use but there's a dim possibility so I suppose they should stay around for a while but not forever.

There's a lot of $hit I should get rid of still and I suppose I will over the next period of time.

One of the things about going through various boxes I just recently opened that were packed up after the fire is the accumulation if just plain stuff. There was a lot of 'So that's where it went! I haven't seen that in 20 years!' 

-------------------------------------------------------

The basement and garage now have a calming effect on me because they are clean and uncluttered. It's a good feeling.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow or the next day I shall do the final mowing of the lawn and run the mower out of gas and park it for the winter. That, too will leave me with a calming effect.
---------------------------------------------------------------


 






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment