Thursday, August 1, 2024

I actually think I'm gaining (to a point)

Every time I get an unsolicited email Immediately unsubscribe.

The numbers I now get seem to be decreasing at a fairly good rate which is actually pleasantly surprising.

It's gotten ridiculous having some dolt from East Muleshoe, Nowhere asking me to donate $1000 for his campaign to run for dog catcher.

One other thing, Yes. I DO respect the fact that someone made it through BUDS, Hell Week and managed to make it into the SEAL teams and I respect that he's seen action and defended the country.

That being said, in my opinion that is not a necessary qualification for public office.

In fact, neither is the Medal of Honor.

I give you the case of one Maynard 'Snuffy' Smith that was a barnacle on the ass of progress to the Army Air Force for the entire time he served with the exception of about 2 hours.

For his action during that two hours he was awarded the Medal of Honor. Fair enough. The minute the B-17 landed and got off the plane he continued being a PITA.

The Medal recognizes those two hours and ONLY those two hours. It is awarded for a SPECIFIC act of valor above and beyond the call of duty. 

Just because he has it doesn't mean I think he should have been elected as president or for that matter, even dog catcher.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment