Monday, August 5, 2024

A great Monday.

Life is about relationships and sharing things with people.

There are a few younger people I enjoyed watching grow up over the years. The ones that catch my eye for whatever reason I enjoy watching grow up.

The other day I got word of HS reunion 55 and wondered how to handle it.

This morning I ran into a youngster that is no longer a youngster. She's about 24ish, polished, educated and a really wonderful younger woman. I mentioned the reunion and my mind and mouth ran away with me.

"How would you like to come with me and pass yourself off as my wife," I said. "We could say we got married after I became a widower."

She laughed and didn't miss a beat.

She answered, "And after we're there 15 minutes I can go over to a group of your woman classmates and ask them 'How do I tell my husband I'm expecting?'"

What a sharp cookie she's grown up to be! We laughed like hell.

Later at the bank I told my teller about it and she died laughing. When I told her what the young woman down the street answered about asking the hens how they told their husband they were pregnant she about died and said she'd take three days off of work and drive herself to the reunion to watch that one!

All in all a good Monday!

Actually in real life I'm probably not going because it would mean driving 11 hours one way for a 4 hour party.

We can file this one under 'scenes we'd like to see'.










To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment