Friday, August 30, 2024

Posted on Nextdoor.


OK, who lost the 3.5 foot rocket? It landed in my side yard and the 'chute didn't deploy so it augered in. You overwadded it and packed the 'chute too tight and it didn't come out. The nose cone did separate, though. Either that or the ejection charge was too weak. Anyway I have it and if you can tell me what color the nose cone and fuselage is you can have it. BUT You gotta promise to let me know when you're going to launch it again so I can watch. I took the time to rewad it, mend the parachute, repack it and install it. All you need is another engine and you're ready for your next flight. For those of you that are going into a dither that I may have found a piece of lethal military hardware and didn't call the EOD team, it will astonish you to find out that at one time I was actually 14 years old and know a model rocket when I see one.


**********************************
Update. Rocket and youthful owner reunited.

I just love a happy ending.

==============================

Aftermath. Astonishing!

Only ONE "Why encourage his actions? What if somebody got hurt?"

My reply

There's always THAT PERSON that pops up in these threads . Don't be THAT PERSON. People like that stifle creativity. Why stifle his actions and creativity? A kid that gets into model rocketry has a curiosity that should be encouraged. Model rockets are launched electrically from a safe distance and are constructed out of paper and balsa wood. The likelihood of getting hurt is slim to none and Slim's not in town today.




After I answered her she got rat-packed which surprised me.


One thing about this is that kids that get into stuff like model rockets seldom get into any real trouble. For those of you with a stick up your a$$, a model rocket or a kite in your tree is NOT real trouble. It's basic issue kid stuff.

In fact over the past umpteen years I have helped more than one kid get a kite or a Frisbee or whatever out of a tree.

As kids they are supposed to get things caught in trees and as an older guy I am supposed to help and teach them how to get it out of the tree.

It's in the Suburban Dweller's Guide.

Of course I have quite an advantage over most so-called adults because when I was a kid I wanted to grow up and be a sailor. I found out you can't do both so I became a sailor. That meant I would not lose my ability to do kid stuff and was a pretty good deal.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

1 comment: