Monday, August 26, 2024

It's been over two years since the fire



and it's been over a year since I have even caught the faintest whiff of fire anywhere in the house.

I attribute that to a number of things. 

My wife kept the windows open when I was at sea, closing only the windows on the weather side of the house as needed.

The bulk of the odor was removed by the soda blasters that blasted all of the charring off of the joisting and flooring. They knocked it down from a serious fire smell to something that was a whiff.

Two thick coats of white shellac took the most of the remainder out and because I kept the windows open that went down to practically zero.

I say practically zero but every now and then a whiff of fire odor would appear. That's when the hydroxyl machine got lit off at the 'scene of the smell' for a day or two.

These days the hydroxyl generator is parked next to Kitty's litter box and I turn it on when I scoop to knock down the cat urine smell. 

I discovered an insert for the warm/cold air ductwork on the furnace/AC that produces hydroxyls and at one time I was seriously thinking of having it installed but have not done it yet. It's still under consideration.

Hydroxyl is NOT ozone. Ozone should not be used in places inhabited by people or pets.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment