Thursday, August 8, 2024

Karens are not all female.

Although over 51% of them are.

There's no shortage of guys that are a royal pain.

My all time favorite was the guy in the CT rest area that saw me working my portable rig, came over and in a pushy tone demanded to know what I was doing.

I told him he didn't have a need to know and he confidently said, "We'll see about that!" and retreated to his car. I watched his phone come out and figured he was calling a trooper of some sort.

I was actually getting ready to leave but thought better of it because I had no idea what he had said to the police and the prospect of being hauled out of my pickup and kissing pavement on I-95 because the police had gotten a report of some AK-47 wielding gold toothed terrorist didn't sound appealing so I stayed put.

Sure enough, shortly thereafter a trooper wheeled in and the dweeb flagged him down and the trooper approached me with the dweeb following closely.

I turned and faced the trooper and said calmly, "Get rid of him and I'll talk to you." He told the guy to go back to his car which he did.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"I'm a ham radio operator and some guy in Nevada needed CT for an award. I agreed to pull over along the way home and try and work him. I have a copy of my license if you want to see it."

"Not necessary but I'd like your driver's license. What happened then"

While I was fishing out my license I said, "That guy came out of the blue and DEMANDED to know what I was doing. Had he been the least bit civil I would have told him. He pushed, I pushed back and told him he didn't have a need to know. Then he went to his car and apparently called you. I decided to stay put because I figured it would be a lot easier than being pulled out of my pickup on the Interstate by a group of troopers. God only knows what he said to your dispatcher."

"Smart move on your part, he said "You actually reached Nevada on that little radio?" he asked.

"Yeah, but it was a weak signal but it was enough for the guy to get his award," I replied. "If you want I can call him. I have his number on my phone."

"No need,"

The cop was obviously annoyed, but not with me. "That nosy little busybody called you to do his dirty work because I made him feel left out. You guys are supposed to have to deal with legitimate stuff. I bet about 80% of what you deal with is stupid and petty stuff like this."

"Closer to 95%", he grinned.

He took my license and went to his car and ran wants and warrants on me, returned my license and said I was good to go.

The little dweeb got out of his car and asked the trooper what I was doing and to my immense satisfaction, he answered, "It's classified. You don't have a need to know." and drove off.

  



  



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-f-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment