Thursday, August 22, 2024

This is serious, men. We have to do a good job.

I said to the men on the detail I was assigned to lead on a stupid cleanup detail. Top had said, "Do a good job."

I was a new E-5 and assigned to a new unit and the people E-4 and below were wondering about me.

We were supposed to pick up trash downrange, a square klick's worth. We had been told it was a day's work and when we were done, we were done for the day.

I had a Jeep, a trailer and three guys.

I sat in the Official NCOIC seat (Shotgun) and we went through the area. Occasionally we'd stop and grab C-ration cardboard and a few discarded cans. It took a couple of hours. 

Then I told my driver to take us in and pull into out sister units motor pool and to next to their dumpster. 

" Unload out trash next to the dumpster and fill the trailer half full of the trash in the dumpster and cover it with what we picked up." I said.

Done. 

Now go to the chow hall and eat. The Army has provided nutritious meals for you. After you eat report to me at the motor pool. 

I drove the Jeep over to the motor pool and emptied the trailer into our motor pool's dumpster, turned the Jeep and trailer in and the guys reported to me. 

"Put an egg in your shoe and beat it. DON'T go to the barracks and hang out. Get the f**k out of here until at least 1700. Whatever you do, don't be seen!"

That worked out good for me in the long run. They figured out I had a good eye for bull$hit and knew how to deal with it.


 

 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment