Saturday, August 10, 2024

Sleep apnea almost killed me about 6 years ago. A PSA.

I just went into afibulation six years ago and got my heart rebooted. 

Fortunately I had just been diagnosed with sleep apnea a short time earlier and my CPAP arrived. Before I got rebooted we discussed the possibilities and sleep apnea was mentioned as a very likely source.

I've been religious on using it and the other day I went in to have my heart checked out and everything looks pretty good according to the medicos.

My shipmate that heard me snore like a chainsaw suggested getting checked out for it and I mentioned it to my primary physician and he ordered me a sleep test. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and wound up with a CPAP machine.

It immediately made one hell of a difference.

Sleep apnea is mistakenly associated with being morbidly obese. While losing weight can certainly help, there are any number of thin people afflicted with it.

Anyway, if there is any doubt whatsoever I SERIOUSLY recommend you get checked out.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment