Thursday, August 29, 2024

What's interesting is that


It's interesting to note how stupid people really are with Trump Derangement Syndrome.                                                             

                                                 







Yet people will still vote for her and wonder what happened when they get handed a bill for $50,000 or more. Enter the second mortgage, people.

The middle class has traditionally made much of their wealth through home ownership. Besides being a place to live, it's a solid, tangible investment. For some it's their only major investment.

I hear Harris babble about how she doesn't just want the middle class to get by, she wants it to get ahead. What a crock THAT is. If she wants the middle class to get ahead then why is she trying to steal money out of what to many people is their biggest and most important investment?

Another thing that's interesting are the couple of youngsters that are working their first jobs at the local convenience store. They have looked at their paycheck stubs and found out they are now taxpayers.

Now that they are on the working end of things some of them are beginning to realize a few things. I like explaining that a lot of the money the government takes from them is given to someone else that's too lazy and stupid to earn their own.

One thing I have pointed out to youngsters is that most likely if things keep going this way they will never be able to own their own homes.

I've also pointed out that corporations don't pay taxes. All they do is write checks for taxes. The money comes from the consumer in the form of raised prices.

Both of the convenience store youngsters told me that this will be their first time to vote and they intend to cast their vote for Trump. I was mildly surprised to hear that.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

9 comments:

  1. Pic, I hate to be the one to tell you, but the younger generation is already priced out of home ownership. A very modest house I was looking at, in rural Washington county, is priced so that I would have to make 100k+ a year to afford the mortgage. Think about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point duly noted.
      Granted it's getting harder and harder but if you shop around there are deals out there. If BOTH partners are determined it's still doable but by no means easy. A couple is going to be house poor for quite a while and you're NOT going to get your dream home as a starter. I'll do a post on this sometime.

      Delete
    2. I understand it is still possible, but believe me, there is nothing extraordinary about this well kept, but very small house, and I will likely never make $100k a year.

      Do this for me... Go on Zillow, and find out what they think your house is worth, then do your neighbors on either side. Average those three. With that number, go onto a mortgage calculator, and tell me at what age/point of your career, would you first have been able to afford the mortgage, based on the money you were making.

      Delete
  2. $1770/mo would be a mortgage here.(30 year fixed, Zero down payment) Could I do that on my 1993 wages? No. But currently it could be done at what A guy in my line of work would be making after a couple of years, provided he was motivated enough to take advantage of the programs offered by his employer.
    Incidentally with pay raises and inflation over time you probably WILL be making over $100K/year. Is there any way we can communicate off of the blog? Maybe we share a common website elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not frequent many websites anymore. Are you by chance signed up with the now-almost-dormant wethearmed.com?

      Delete
    2. Not that one. Hmmm. If you want to meet face to face we can probably make it work somehow. Let me think about this....

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    4. Deleted your information for you. Pic.

      Delete
  3. I just ran some numbers and I figure I paid about 3.5 years pay based on my payrate at the time I bought it. Raises and inflation over time lowered that to well under a year's pay (gross)

    At first I was 'house poor' but after a few years I could breathe again.

    ReplyDelete