Sunday, August 4, 2024

'Fair fights' only take place in a ring by two consenting people wearing boxing gloves.

I am sick and tired of those 'fair fight' idiots that seem to think that I, at 72, should have to duke it out with some 27 year old body builder to retain possession of my wallet or other things, including my life.

FBI statistics say that more people died from injuries caused by fists, feet and hands than by rifles. Fists, feet, and hands are killers.

Then there are the people say real men don't need firearms. People should settle their differences with a 'fair fight'.

WTF is that supposed to mean? 

For one thing there are not a whole lot of somewhat overweight 72 year old man with a heart condition that would want to meet another one in similar condition in a ring with a referee. They have better things to do than that such as play with their grandchildren or garden or make chili. Old man are generally pretty peaceful people. We mellow with age.

The odds of me finding my way into a 'fair fight' are pretty slim.

So we've established what a 'fair fight' is. I'm not likely to be in one. About anything other than that is not a 'fair fight'. 

That being said, if it's not going to be a 'fair fight' it behooves people to arm themselves in one way or another in case they find themselves in an UNFAIR fight.

Fair fight, my ass.


Edited to add:

Probably 20ish years ago some hillbilly deckhand, a pup, announced in the galley of a tug, "I could lick you in a fair fight". He was some dumb kid that was probably away from home for the first time and didn't last long. 

"You could probably beat me in a fair fight," I said, tiredly, placating him.

The mate grinned and lit a cigarette. "Pic is a complete coward," he said. "We got a lot of cowards out here. Most of us are cowards. I had a cowardly assistant engineer once that hit a guy like you on the head with a wheel wrench once."

The guy didn't last very long. I don't know for sure why but if I recall it was because his girlfriend threatened to leave him because she didn't like him going away for so long.

 



   








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment