Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A hooker returns a favor.

Quite some time ago I posted about the time I took a hooker to Midnight mass and the flak I took over it. She wanted to go to midnight mass and I took her. That was fine by me. See my 27 Dec 09 post for the details.

I was sitting at a bar in Kodiak one night and some babe was sitting next to me trying desperately to get me to cough up about $400 for cocaine. Of course I wasn't biting on that hook. She was actually a pretty good looking little thing that had recently discovered cocaine and more than that, she had discovered how to feed her new habit.

She hadn't gone too far downhill yet, but was starting down pretty fast. Her habit was getting the best of her and she was desperately trying to get me to feed it for her. There was no way I was going to feed it and she decided to embarrass me into coughing up. Her voice grew so that others could hear what she was saying.

The hooker I had brought to midnight mass a couple of months ago was sitting on the other end of the bar watching me. She wan't alone, as the bartender and a few others knew what was going on and wondered how I was going to handle it.

When she asked me if I was a cheapskate, I replied in a conversational tone that I wasn't. I was frugal and knew where I could get serviced for a whole lot less than 2 grams of cocaine, and get a better job done, to boot.

I got up and walked over to the hooker sitting there and in a normal voice, said to her, "Hey, Sally. Let's take a walk. I want to buy you a drink down the street."

I walked out of the bar arm in arm with her and as we were walking out the entire place fell silent and an awful lot of people were grinning.

The little floozy that has been trying to get me to buy coke for her looked totally humiliated.

Sally and I got outside and I spoke to her. "Thanks for getting me out of there," I said.

"I figured it was something like that," she said.

We went into a bar a little down the line and I did buy her a drink and shortly thereafter I left her to continue to ply her trade.

Over the next couple of days I was stopped by a few of the patrons that were there that evening, including a couple of women and told that mylittle charade was the coolest put-down they had seen in some time.

In a town like Kodiak was at thet time, that says a lot.





my other blog is: http://officerpiccolo.blogspot.com/ http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment