Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Getting testier and testier

Sometimes it just takes time.

I looked at the spot that the old goat griped about last spring when I tore out the hedges. He said it looked like hell.

I told him to go to hell and mind his own business.

Someone commented that the gravel I bought last summer and put in the driveway looked sort of dirty.
I said it sure did look muddy.

Today I walked in the driveway and looked at the spot where the hedge used to be and the gravel under my feet.

I remembered filling in the holes that used to be the hedges and planting grass seed on it and I remembered spreading out the gravel in the driveway.

The old hedgerow looks like part of a golf course and the gravel looks bright and clean.

All it took was time, the rain, the wind and the sun.

Sometimes there is no use busting your ass when you can just let time and the elements do their job.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&


I have observed that the public is getting testier and testier.

I am no exception as I have come damned close to people that dawdle and pay for their purchases with an EBT card. They can have my money or they can waste my time, but not both.

Anyway, I was paying for my purchases, milk, coffee and some fish. The clerk asked me if I wanted to add a buck to my purchase for the United Way. The United Way has been on my list of ineligible for my money charities for some time now.

 I cheerfully told her to get it from President Obama. She grinned.

Out of nowhere, the person I had noticed come up behind me in line told me I was mean.

I turned my head and saw she was some mouthy hippie college chick and didn't bat an eyelash.

"Why don't you buy yourself a new pair of shoes," I said. "There's a blacksmith down the street on the right and he's open until six."

The soccer mom behind her didn't hide anything. She outright broke out laughing.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment