Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Short post


Now I have to sit down at this keyboard and crank out another post in short time because time is short.

One of the things I have noticed about some management types is the way they act around blue collar guys. It's certainly not all management types, but a few of them. They seem to think that guys that work with tools for a living speak in total profanity.

A number of years ago I was working at another job during my time off and wound up working with a sheet rocking crew in a mall. We were remodeling a store in a busy mall. One of the rules is that we were supposed to wait until the mall closed until we hauled our scrap out.

Some dope didn't get the word and hauled a cart out the side door and got caught. Mall management sent someone down to let us know we were not supposed to do that.

The guy they sent down was one of those types that apparently wasn't comfortable around blue collar types and with a particularly foul mouth started talking to us like we were a bunch of second graders.

I really had nothing invested in the job and therefore nothing to lose. I was a day worker and knew that if I got bounced out of the job it just meant I would go home early. In short, I didn't really give a damn.

"Sir," I interrupted. "Most of us here are good Christian men and don't use language like that. Would you please civilize your tongue."

"Yeah, really," added one of the guys. "My mother would have washed my mouth out with soap if I spoke to someone like that."

Of course the man was humiliated and quickly left after mumbling something about hauling our scrap out.

It doesn't take a whole lot to cut a pompous ass down to size.

Of course, after he left we all had a pretty good laugh.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html

No comments:

Post a Comment