Tuesday, August 25, 2015

An assisted dying law

would in no way increase the number of deaths in the world.

Everybody dies.

Letting people go when they want to would alleviate an awful lot of human suffering.

Actually the truth is that in this country this should not even be an issue. However, someone or some group came along and imposed their values on the rest of us.

In no part I'll pin a part of this on the so-called Christian Coalition that has identified with the Republican party. 

Back when, Barry Goldwater said that making a deal with the Christian Coalition would be the end of conservatism in the country and he was pretty much right. It's dragged people like Mike Huckabee into things. He's another one that just ought to go into a hole and disappear.

I basically live my life by Judeo-Christian values. That's my  business. What isn't my business is how my neighbor lives. It's not my job to tell him what to do.

The problem is that somewhere along the way we have given up a lot of liberty by allowing people to impose their beliefs on the rest of us.

The truth is we shouldn't even need an assisted dying law. A civilized death should be listed as a basic human right.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment