Friday, August 21, 2015

Donald Trump isn't apologetic

for using the term 'anchor babies'.

The fact that he isn't has probably made him more attractive as a candidate to a lot of folks. He doesn't give a damn about offending people and considers 'politically correct' to be a joke.

Truth is there are an awful lot of us that don't really give a damn about being politically correct. I fit right in there. PC is the enemy of free speech and it is as simple as that.

I consider Trump to be a blast of fresh air and the more the RNC and the DNC are scared of him the more I like him.

The truth as I see it is that Trump is shaking up both parties, neither of which represent the average working person. That is almost always a good thing.

I am getting sick and tired of the RNC trying to palm off RINO of the week on the American people and try and pass him off as a conservative.

I may not agree 100% with Donald Trump but if he makes it as far as the general I will probably vote for him if for no other reason than the fact that he will at least be entertaining.

Keep them scared, Donald!

*******************

In other news, when it rains, it pours.

I picked up two new DX entities last night, Reunion and Mauritius.

Reunion I bagged on voice with a 2x2 signal and I hope he got my call sign right in is log.

Mauritius I bagged on CW and has been confirmed by email already. This one I kind of had to work at.

I listened for several minutes and translated his call letter by letter before I put my hand on the key. When I was sure I had gotten his call correctly I waited for an opening and then send my call sign followed by a 5NN signal report.

I got it sent right back to me. Then I emailed him and made sure I was in his log. He actually emailed me inside a few minutes telling me I was in his log.

I have also emailed Reunion but have not heard from him yet.

When in doubt, I now email for confirmation as simply sending a QSL card at what comes to about $5 a pop gets expensive.

I'll have to count my confirmations but I think I'll be pretty damned close to 195. When I hit 200 I'll stop chasing new entities as aggressively as I am now.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment