Saturday, August 22, 2015

I am typing in short spurts this morning

Because I am using the computer for a couple things at once.

Of course, I am writing this post but I also have it wired to my IC-7200 HF rig. I'm working the rig using a fairly useless program called JT-65. It is more of a propagation tester than much of anything else.

You can only send 13 letters at  a time which makes it rather impractical as a communications tool. One wag said it would take fourscore and seven years to send the Gettysburg Address with it.

Which reminds me that I am going to Gettysburg in a couple of weeks and ought to find out what Lincoln's REAL Gettysburg address was. Probably some fleabag hotel. The same one George Washington slept in. But I digress.

Still, JT-65 is a pretty good propagation tester and I just put another Englishman in my log which is OK even though I have a bunch of them in it.

Yesterday afternoon the Mazda wouldn't start. I think it's fuel as I have not run it very much at all this summer and have not gassed it in months. We'll see.

I hate to take it to the local mechanics and I think I'll try and do what I can before I do. When cars were easier to work on I did most of my own mechanical work.

We'll see what happens.









To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment