Thursday, August 20, 2015

So it is another day

 and that means another post.

I have to get a few things done today and that means I'll be busting my butt around the house. The August burn-out came a little early this year and as a result the lawn stopped growing. Most of us do not water them in the neighborhood.

Still, the lawn needs a going-over and I'd like to do that today.

Right now outside the work crews are getting ready to tear up and repave the street I live on. I do not know why. Maybe some high muckety muck lives down the street and pulled a few strings. Who knows?

I just looked at it a moment ago and the entire street seems to be in pretty good shape, really. It's well above the 'passable' level. It was redone a few years back.

When you think about it, it is nothing more than a waste of money at this point. I don't have Clue One as to why they are doing this.

Off the top of my head I can think of a few places they could spend the money a little better. For example, while it isn't in really sad shape, there is a bridge that could use a good repainting to preserve the steel. There are a few other roads around here that are in pretty sad shape that could use a repaving.

I just wish the local whoevers that are in charge of things would be a little less generous with my tax money.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I just saw a sign I used to put up when I mowed my lawn.

Ground cover readjustment project.
State funds.....................................$0
Matching Federal funds..................$0
County funds..................................$0
Local funds....................................$0
                                                   ________
Total............................................. $0

No tax dollars 'at work' here!

I'm going to start using that again.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment