Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Did I waste my time?

Sometimes I think I wasted my time supporting Dr. King and trying to bring black and whites together as one.

There was a lot to do back in the early 60s and it was a tumultuous time. 

It actually was (in my opinion) something that was coming since WW2. During the war blacks were given positions of responsibility for the first time and they performed. When they got back they didn't want to go back to the status quo. But I digress.

The truth of the matter is that the whole thing has been pretty much a miserable failure and I have been wasting my time. 

The big reason is that there is too much money and power to be made keeping the races divided. My guess is the powers that be are working to make sure things stay the way they are.

A people divided are easier to conquer.

Since the 60s things should have been a lot better than they are now and a big part of it I am going to blame on both sides. The white guilt people and the BLM types have done a wonderful job of keeping the sore open and festering.

Morgan Freeman spoke a while ago in an interview. When he was referred to an a black man he said that he preferred to be referred to simply as just a man.

He said that the division between the races was like an open sore that everyone picks at and never gives it an opportunity to heal.

He got that one right.

Anyone that has ever seen a compulsive scab picker knows that he is likely to be pretty scabby looking as he never seems to recover from whatever it is that he managed to open up. 

A scab picker can take years to get over a simple smooshed pimple because he never gives it a rest and lets it heal.

I suppose we are never going to get to the point where a man is judged by the content of his character and not the color of his skin and I confess to becoming quite bitter about this in my old age.

Then again I simply should have followed the money and realized that so long as money and power can be made keeping us divided things are not going to get a whole lot better.

Incidentally, race relations during the Obama administration have gotten a whole lot worse. 

When Jug Ears gave Al Sharpton and the BLM people an audience he made it clear to me that he was a divisive person. Race baiter Al owes us quite a bundle in back taxes and the BLM people apparently support the shooting of cops.

Some unify-er  and president he is. In that respect he's similar to David Duke.

The only way we are going to see the dream of Dr. King happen is when we give it a rest and let the whole thing heal.

And that simply ain't gonna happen.

It's sad and really makes me feel like I wasted a part of my life.

There are times I think I should have become a lawyer or investment banker, plundered a pension fund, retired at 35 and simply spent the whole fortune on hookers and blow. 





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment