Monday, July 11, 2016

Things have changed.



It wasn't long ago that I would have pitched in if the country got into trouble but that time has past.

While there are still some good people here, the average American has changed.

While I still support the troops because they are the troops I will be watching to see which way they head, individually and collectively.

The nation is fast going down the toilet and I now want little to do with things the way things are headed. We have turned into a nation of lazy slobs and  cowards.

This is not the America I grew up in and it is an embarrassment for me as a citizen to turn this mess of a nation over to my neice, nephew and their children. 

It is fast becoming a place I will not stick my neck out for anymore. I used to be one of those guys that was willing to put my life on the line for my country in time of need. No longer.

However I will stick my neck out for individual people on an individual basis. I will also stand by Pennsylvania until they go down the toilet.

As I near retirement I see the administration looking at 401Ks as a way to cover the massive debt we have. There are murmurings of impounding them like they tried in Greece. As usual, those of us that looked ahead are very likely to get screwed for our efforts.

I could have bought a lot of hookers and blow with the money I saved, but I didn't. I put it aside and will probably lose it to the grasshoppers that spent theirs and a damned sight lot of ours along the way.

It gets harder and harder almost daily to watch what is happening in this country and it makes me heartsick.

I only pray that when I'm gone my niece and nephew remember me as someone that at least tried to leave things better than I found them.




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment