Monday, January 23, 2017

(Day 72) One of the things I have noticed on social media

 is the woman's march the day after Trump got inaugurated.

The women left the place in a pig sty. Here's a picture. What a disgusting mess. 


Here's a picture of the mess the TEA party left behind a few years ago.




One of the things I have heard often from janitors is the way woman leave the so-called ladies room. For what it is worth, I have had a number of women comment on the subject saying that a lot of women are a bunch of pigs.

I think that a lot of it is that the people that leave a mess behind for someone else to clean up are of the same mentality that government is there to take care of them.

It is not just a man/woman thing, but some of it is a conservative/liberal thing. Conservatives take care of themselves, liberals expect someone else to take care of them.

One of the things I rememer about Woodstock back in '69 was the amount of trash the people attending left behind.

I will give credit to the small handful that stayed behind. Incidentally, the mess here was created by my generation.


http://www.woodstockpreservation.org/Gallery/40Anniversary/aftermath_69lg.jpg

Note that there are generally a small handful of people that did stay behind. I read that it took them over two weeks to clean that pig sty up.

FWIW the following summer I spent a couple of weeks at a couple of rock festivals working behind the scenes as part of the medic contingent. Much of what I dealt with was a boatload of bad LSD trips. I saw every sunrise and sunset and slept a coupleof daylight hours per day.

To my credit I cleaned up after myself and my pack contained pretty much all of my trash. Still, the Powder Ridge ski slope and Mosport Raceway were total dumps when the party was over.

One of the things that always seems to happen at my house when I invite people over is that I never have a whole lot to clean up after. It never fails. Generally all I have to do is empty the dish washer the following morning, if that.


%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Incidentally, several years ago I wandered around DC on foot with a day pack full of a couple day's rations. When I left everything I brought with me I brought out and disposed of later on. I smoked at the time and remember emptying a pocketful of cigarette butts into a trash can at a rest stop. 




To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment