Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year.

For the first time in years I was up to see the New Year in. I was fixing something. I got it fixed.

Right now I am posting this on a civvie computer, a Dell and after so many years of GoBooks and Toughbooks this Dell seems pretty flimsy and almost has a dainty feel to it. I dare not drink coffee near it.

Yesterday I made a pretty good pot of chili which is a dish that has no cut and dried recipe. My chili actually goes back to its roots. It started as a mish mash created by saddle tramps and was cooked on a fire.

These days there is so much ballyhoo over the true Holy Grail recipe that the dish is more of a joke than anything else. Some people insist on using grass fed Black Angus hamburger as a base and ruin the whole wretched mess. Chili started off with using an old steer for meat as the more tender cows were to be sold off to the wealthier people back east.

Yesterday I cancelled my old phone and ISP and started with a new one. That was a pretty good deal if the ISP works well. Time will tell.

While turning in my old router and crap I had a meeting with a helpful cop. I sort of entertained him by playing the hayseed hillbilly. The cop did me a favor by letting me know where I could find a parking spot. 





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment