Sunday, March 19, 2017

Earlier today on Facebook

someone posted having to go through the personal effects of a loved one they just lost.

One of my sisters went through my mother's stuff and took care of things and I am eternally grateful. I do believe she and I would have worked well at this but it didn't work out that way.

I suppose it is different for everyone but I look at things a little differently. It's simply all just stuff. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mom was in a rest home when she passed and I guess had a lot of just plain stuff in a storage locker. Before that when she moved out of the family manse my brothers and sisters broke the place up. I took a few small trinkets and that was about it. I took my dad's wings and bars, a couple scrapbooks, a footlocker and that was pretty much about it.

Later when my sister went through the storage locker she sent me a few odds and ends I have looked through but they still reside in the box they came in.

Truth is an awful lot of stuff went straight to the dump.

Earlier today I told a woman simply to get a dumpster, empty the storage locker and unless it is an authentic Ming vase simply get rid of it. A sharp knife cuts cleaner. 

I do not know why people pick up an object and slather all over it and carry on about how someone loved it. They likely didn't love the object, they loved YOU.

The truth is that you can't take anything with you when you go. When you leave behind stuff, that's all you leave behind. Your parents left YOU behind and really, that's about all that matters.

My life was pretty fast moving and I traveled pretty light. I have damned little that I have had since I was a young man other than some pretty good memories. 

I suppose an awful lot of what I own today is still pretty portable.

Still, I have to say that if I had to have cleaned out my mother's effects I would have simply looked at it as simply stuff and simply just gotten rid of most of it.

I suppose I might have had an estate sale first and then put the rest in a dumpster after posting a 'free stuff' alert in Craigslist. If someone else can use it, fine.

Anyway, you know who you are. Your mother left YOU behind and that's all that matters I suppose.

Still, I imagine for you it is going to be difficult so I wish you strength in the times coming.

Yours,

Piccolo 








To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment