Friday, March 17, 2017

I am looking at motorcycles now (posted 0325Z 3/18/17)

 and am wondering which way to go. The model I want seems to hold resale value to the point where if I can get a deal I just as well buy new.

It used to be that a 3 model year old car was running 50% of the new retail value, but not any more. Right now it is crazy and to me lmakes no sense to buy used.

Even back in '90 I bought an '88 pickup for about half price and ran it until the wheels fell off. Not so these days.

I figure there is no point purchasing a 5 or 10 year old bike when I can snag a new one for only a couple of hundred more. It simplyy doesn't make sense to buy used.

On the other hand, a lot of bikes out there listed probably have the asking price a lot higher than the final selling price.

Who knows, I might get a deal on a used bike but I am not going to get one older than about 2010 or 2011 because I do want a more modern bike. I want it to ride and not to tinker with.

We'll see what happens.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment