Sunday, May 10, 2020

I am not mentioning any names on this one. People have a right to privacy.

but every so often I run into the father of a man that was killed in action in Afghanistan thirteen years ago.

He was a young Ranger captain that went down in a helicopter in 2007. 

A couple of months ago I bumped into him and he looks a lot older than his years. Losing his son has really aged him and I seriously wonder how much longer he is going to be around.

Losing a child is rough and I wonder what the mother looks like now. I've never met her.

Still, it's horrible what the loss of a son has done to this man.

It's sad.

As I think about things and see the direction the country is headed in I can't help think that this Ranger is spinning in his grave.

I wonder what the parents think.



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment