Monday, May 4, 2020

I briefly dated a really cool woman

that had invited me over for a slap up meal.

While I was there the phone rang and I heard her pick it up and say  say, "Well get over here! I'm bored and that sounds great! All I'm doing now is the laundry and all I have now is time. Come on over!"

She turned and looked at me with a big cheerful smile and told me she had just gotten an obscene phone call. I marveled at the confidence she had shown handling it. An awful lot of women go straight into panic mode even though a phone call can't hurt them.

I laughed at the confidence she had shown in dealing with the caller. I also knew that she was pretty capable and probably had a pistol of some sort in easy reach. She could take care of herself.

My suspicions were confirmed on a later date.  I spotted a small .22 revolver in a drawer which isn't anyone's first choice for self defense but would suffice if push came to shove. 

Like a lot of us, she drove a funky VW bug which back in those days was a fairly simple machine. She did most of her own maintenance on it. Her father had taught her well.

My life was in transition at the time and as a result the relationship ended practically before it got started. 

Still, I wonder what happened to her. 

Women like that make good sailor, doctors, and soldiers wives because they can take care of themselves when their husband is off making a living.





To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment