Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Oprah didn't do some people a favor when she gave everyone in her audience a free car

because I'm sure some of the people in the audience didn't understand that the car was considered taxable income.

When you are making about $35,000/year and get handed a $35,000 automobile you're gonna get clobbered for the taxes of a $70,000 income. That means some poor slob is going to have to conjure up a fast chunk of change of probably over ten grand come April 15th.

Of course if he is a dumb $hit and doesn't realize it's taxable income he's REALLY going to get clobbered if the IRS figures out he didn't put it in his tax returns.

Personally unless it exactly what I want to have as a daily driver (fat chance. I drive a manual) then I would have gone straight to the dealer and sold it right back to him.

I suppose I would have made out OK but I'm sure the wonderful 'BRAND NEW CAR!' she gave out probably hurt some people.

Incidentally this 'Brand New Car' bull$hit really doesn't impress me even a little bit.  

I remember back in '00 when I was buying the 'Silver Bullet' and the dealer used the 'Brand New Car' cliche one time too many on me and got quite an earful from me. 

I told him to take his brand new car bull$hit and shove it up his a$$ because I wasn't looking for a brand new car. I was actually looking for a 2 year, 3 model year old car for about 50% of what it cost new but the used market had changed and I was being more or less financially forced to buy new. 

He went into shock because he thought EVERYONE in the entire planet was going to be all agog over getting a brand new car. I read him scripture and taught him otherwise.


To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment