Friday, May 15, 2020

One of the things that private clubs can allow is smoking

which is really how it should be. 

Private clubs do not serve the public. They serve the membership and if the membership wants to permit smoking that's their buiness. If they want to prohibit it that's also their choice.

Recently the sportsmen's club I am a member of decided to prohibit smoking in the building and that's fine by me.

I was a long time smoker but when I stopped I certainly didnt give anyone else a hard time over their habit. When the issue came up to a vote I actually abstained because it made no difference to me.

I suppose if the issue of smoking on the club grounds had come up I would have voted on the side of the smokers. That's because I consider a stand like that to be whiny and cowardly. 

Anybody that objects to someone smoking outside has a bigger problem than the smoker does. They are generally people that want to force their values on others. Those people should be forced to sit in a smoky  Old School pool hall for 12 hours a day for a month.

It was about a year or more after I stopped smoking when I saw someone actually walk about 35 yards to hassle a smoker. I was nearby and got in the middle of that one. I figured that the clown had figured that he could get away with hassling the smoker because nobody had brought him up short yet.

Generally if you bring someone up short they change their ways. It only takes a time or two, especially for men. Women usually take longer to learn because they think that nobody will hit them. Once they find out that there are men out there that don't give a $hit they also smarten up.

I bummed a smoke from the hapless smoker much to the outrage of the Social Justice Warrior. The, adding to the outrage, I lit it up. For the final insult I blew it in the guy's face. Then I asked him how far he wanted to take the issue.

He gave me a long face and shuffled off.

The cigarette made me heady and somewhat nauseous but it was worth it.


I think it was Jefferson that said 'If it neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket.... 



To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment