Saturday, October 2, 2021

How I bagged Kuwait on 40 meters

Now one of the rules of DX is you listen first until you get the other stations's callsign. I was battling a pileup to bag California for a WAS award. I wound up bagging Kuwait.

While I was battling the California pileup Kitty was being a pest. His tail flicked my VFO and I found myself in another pileup. Out of annoyance I threw my call into it.

Here's what the conversation sounded like.

"KX3XXX!" I threw my call into the pileup.

He picked it up. "KX3XXX, you are 5x9 into Kuwait."

"Kuwait!?" I said. "WAIT!!!Please give me your call. I was trying to work a pileup in California and the cat flicked the VFO and I landed here. I  figured one pileup is as good as another so I threw out my call and you answered!"

"That's the funniest thing I have ever heard! Your CAT made you a DX QSO." he said and identified himself. "Don't send for a card, I don't need it. I'll send you one!" 

That night he emailed me and we swapped funny emails.

He was good to his word. About a week or so his card arrived. 







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment