Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Just finished the last of the brontosaurus, thank God.

Back when I was a kid my dad killed a brontosaurus and froze it.

The five of us kids grew up eating brontosaurus and thank God my mother was a halfway decent cook and had a lot of recipes because if she hadn't it would have been a lot more boring at meal times.

We looked forward to Thanksgiving because it was the only time in the year we got to eat something else besides brontosaurus. We'd get a pterodactyl.

When the parents passed on the five of us siblings split up the freezers dad had filled with brontosaurus and I have finally emptied the last one.

It's been practically 60 years of brontosaurus stew, steak, pot pie, stroganoff, chops, roasts and God knows what else. You name it, it can be made out of brontsaurus.

Well, it's over now and I am going to take my first social security check down the the bank, cash it and get myself a steak dinner for a change!

Even a Burger King whopper would be pretty good now.






To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

7 comments:

  1. I see you're drinking at work now.

    You DO know a lot of people back east read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one reads this bum

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a nice bit of levity inserted into my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey bum, guess who caught you drinking on the job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody. I get tested regualrly.

      You don't.

      Delete