Monday, June 21, 2010

All in all, Craigslist

is a pretty good deal.

The price is right.

It is often maligned over the fact that there are a lot of scammers on it, but so is everything else.

The world is full of those that would take advantage of things, especially something that is free.

If you stay alert and act with a little common sense you can often come out of it with a pretty good deal under your belt and emerge unscathed.

Like everything else, stupidity hurts.

You have to use a little common sense and be a bit wary. You don’t agree to meet someone in a dark alley with a pocketful of cash at 3am and you don’t agree to have somebody’s so-called agent show up and pay you for something with a check drawn from the First Bank of Outer Mongolia.

I have taken a few chances with small ticket items from people out of state with no bad results. I mail then the item, they mail me the money.

The rule of thumb here is that you have to be willing to lose the item and not get too upset over it. You have to understand that when you do something that the purchaser can easily take the item and skip out on you.

It hasn’t happened to me yet, but when it eventually does, I will not get too upset over it because I know I am taking a chance when I do this. I am willing to lose the item.

Most recently I sold a decorative part for a Miata and to tell the truth, it needed a little work. I sent it to someone out of state and received payment almost at once. The part had cost me little and the shipping price was about ten bucks, so I really didn’t have a whole lot to lose.

What was funny is that the person that warned me about the transaction and carried on with me about how I was going to get taken had just returned from Atlantic City where he had lost a couple grand to the gaming tables there.

Go figure.

Generally speaking, if a deal sounds too good to be true, it is.

Act accordingly and you have access to a pretty good resource in spite of what the naysayers tell you.






my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment