Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Today I have to get in touch with my Amish roofing crew

which is going to be a little more hassle than getting ahold of a non-Amish crew.

I will not slight anyones religion, but it is interesting how the Amish work.

I get on the horn and call a couple of different numbers, none of which are the home or work phone of the Amish crew as such. One of the numbers is the cell of a non-Amish employee and the other is one of the neighbors they have some kind of a deal worked out with. I am not sure, but I think the third number I have is a booth at the corner of Telephone and Telephone.

The system works, but this leads to an interesting paradox.

I would imagine that it is far easier to get in touch with, say a drug dealer or a pimp than it is to get in touch with an honest carpenter.

Go figure.

my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment