Friday, June 4, 2010

Neighbor Bob said something very wise tonight

I built a fire in the backyard tonight, which I do quite often.

Bob is a regular at these fires and thinks I build them for fraterninty and companionship. I do, but the bottom line is that I build them to get rid of the tree that fell in the backyard some time ago.

Anyway, when the fire started to pick up and get really going, it starrted raining.

I looked at Bob and suggested we take our drinks inside.

Bob looked at me for a second and thoughtfully replied, " We're men. I seriously think it is time for us to do something stupid."

I nodded and we sat there enjoying a fire in the rain until it went out.

It was a joy to sit in the rain and enjoy a fire and get wet.

When the fire went out, we decided to go inside.

We're not THAT stupid.


my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment