Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The corner of Telephone and Telephone

is a term that goes back about thirty five years when I discovered just how powerful alcohol really is.

I suppose I am no different than anyone else in that I experimented with the drug as a younger man and learned to respect it at an early age.

I was at the point in life when I was seeking to find my limits and, of course, I had guzzled down a lot more than was deemed wise.

I knew I needed a ride home and decided to call a friend, so I went to the nearest phone booth and called him.

"Hello, Larry? I'm pretty damned hosed," I slurred. I stepped out of the booth for a second and looked up at the top of the booth. "Pick me up at the corner of Telephone and Telephone."

One of life's mysteries is how Larry knew exactly where I was and scraped me up in about five or ten minutes.

Of course, I was kidded about that one for years.

Still, it was a pretty good lesson.


my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment