Thursday, June 17, 2010

I will never drive a Jeep for 300 miles again.

This AM I got a call from an offgoing crewman asking me to drive his Jeep to crew change so he didn't have to go to company HQ and back home again. He lives between HQ and where we changed crews out, a distance of 300+ miles.

It took me about 6 hours and I had to stop three times to get out and limber up.

I fail to see why anyone would want a quarter ton truck bastard son of a WW2 combat vehicle to use as a daily driver.

The Jeep I drove had a decent 5 speed trannsmission and a fairly powerful in line 6 cylinder, ao power was decent.

It was the ride itself that beat me up. It was pretty stiff. Handling at turnpike speeds sucked, too.

No, the next time a crewmember asks me to drive a car for him on crew change, I am going to make damned sure it is something that rides a hell of a lot better than a Jeep.

my other blog is:http://piccolosbutler.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment