Saturday, December 3, 2016

Next thing to do is knock off the hootch for a while.

As of now I have been over three smoke-free weeks and because of that I have also cut down on alcohol to a certain degree as it tends to trigger a desire to smoke.

On the other hand, it seems like when I do have a drink or two there is a desire unleashed. It's time to throttle that one way back or there is likely to be trouble of one sort or another.

It is interesting how habits all seem to be inter related. 

Knocking something like smoking out of the pattern effects just about everything else one way or the other. It's amazing.

It is almost mechanical in a way. One part goes out and the whole thing changes.

Anyway, in a week it will be a month smoke free and I'll see what it looks like then.

I wish people would tell the truth about smoking cessation. Everyone tells you it gets easier over time and that inside a couple of weeks I won't notice it anymore.

Liars, the lot of them. I know they mean well but I do not take strength by being lied to and the ends don't justify the means.

The truth as I  see it is it has gotten harder and harder each day to stay smoke free. 

I wish someone had said it is going to get harder by the day but over time you will learn how to deal with it. At least I would have known what I was up against.

Anyway, last night a friend dropped by and we put a pretty good sized dent in a bourbon bottle.

While I am not sick or hung over, I do now realize that this whole thing is inter related. It is going to require a larger change in life style than it looked like at first.


&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

In other news I was on the air last night and listened to someone gripe about 'No Code Extras' ruining the hobby.

I went up just enough to not completely walk on them but enough so that my CW would bleed through on them and keyed, "Just another no code extra ruining the hobby."

When I was done with that I listened and figure that neither of them had sent or received code for years as they didn't bother or more likely couldn't  bother to read it.







To find out why the blog is pink just cut and paste this: http://piccoloshash.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-feminine-side-blog-stays-pink.html NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE WRITING OF TODAY'S ESSAY

No comments:

Post a Comment